Remember when I was having a hard time with classes two weeks ago? Well, the class that saved me from future headaches is a class on tourism. That's right, I get to take a class that fuels my passion for traveling. This may or may not be a good thing in the long fun financially, but that's not important right now. I love this class so much, that I feel it deserves it's own blog post.
I like this class for the obvious reason of talking about traveling the the beautiful countries that make up our world. But I also like it for other reasons. Out of all my classes it is by far the most fun and the most intellectually stimulating. The professor is funny and makes class entertaining. He also encourages class discussions, which does not happen in any of my other lectures during the week. The class literally has me on the edge of my seat and I am thoroughly enjoying the material in it. Looking back, it almost seems silly that I did not go to school for Tourism to begin with because it is something I am so passionate about. I'm confident my future will work out how it is supposed to regardless of my major.
My first assignment for the class is a paper on a country, city, or region. With this paper I have to pick three words through mind-mapping that describe my chosen destination. Then, I back up these three words through ideas and examples that I find through research. It may not sound fun to everyone, but I am genuinely looking forward to writing this paper. I'd be happy if all my classes involved writing papers on various travel destinations. I'm anxious to learn more through this class. Although it will not help me towards graduating, it will help me in accomplishing a big portion of my bucket list. Nothing excites me more than the idea of traveling the world, and this class is going to deepen my understanding of tourism. I feel so thankful to have a class that has me this exciting about school here in New Zealand.
No comments:
Post a Comment