My favorite song by them is "Forever," which was their encore for the evening. You can listen to it by clicking on this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JC_Z3WBkeo
I also really enjoy "Don't Forget Your Roots." You can listen to this fantastic song by checking out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQEG9JwSyFg
"Rise Up" is the song they opened with. It can be listened to here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPA0XM4qQ8&feature=related
The last song I recommend that you listen to is "Someone to be Around." I'm sure you already know, but click on this link and you can listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAlMvXLnz0A&feature=related
Side Note: I recommend that you listen to other songs by them because they are all incredible, but these are my top 4 at the moment.
Hopefully these songs can give you an idea of how epic Thursday night was for me! Oh, and did I mention that I was right up against the stage?! I also was able to touch the lead singer, lead guitarist, and lead bassist many times throughout the show. The lead singer made eye contact with me for a whole 4 seconds at the beginning of the concert! Four seconds may not seem like a lot, but it is when you consider that fact that he was simultaneously singing directly to me, it definitely is a lot!
When I listen to music I have to be able to relate to it. Music is one of my biggest passions; it defines who I am. If a song or band makes me feel good when I listen to them, I'll forever be a fan. Six60 does this for me and I truly do relate to their music. In fact, when they sang "Forever" at the very end, the lead singer had us become quiet and he said, " Can someone, please, anybody...tell me you can feel that shit right now!?" Yep, that pretty much sums up exactly how I felt in that moment. My passion for music and listening to live music never fails to disappoint me. After a busy week with school, a concert was just what I needed.
Thankfully, I was able to enjoy the concert with two of my friends: Quinne and Sam. Beforehand we went to Burger Fuel, which is a fast food burger joint chain that is amazing! We arrived at 7:45 and there was already a line forming outside of the venue. Luckily, it didn't stop us from having an awesome place to see the band from. Originally, the concert was scheduled for Friday, but it sold out before I could get tickets. They ended up doing two shows while on their tour in Wellington which was great because I could 1) actually go and 2) get tickets for a student price. By how packed the place was, I am sure they sold out for our show too. That's how big of deal this band is here in New Zealand. The only bad part about the night was that we had to wait an hour before the opening band began and another half hour for a change over. I'd happily wait that time again. There are no words to describe this concert and I can honestly say I have never experienced a concert like this one before. Six60 is talented in every way and they sure do know how to rock out a "wicked as" concert!
Look in the bottom right of this photo and you'll see me! I think it was taken right after I got a guitar pick!

No comments:
Post a Comment