I don't typically like to write blogs about what I've been up to, but I have done tons of stuff since my summer started one month ago. Here's a quick recap of what I've been up to:
1. Road trip out West - From May 17th - 21st I took a road trip with one of my best friends, McKenzie. I posted a blog about it, which you can read at http://elezpona.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-10-reasons-to-take-road-trip.html. Some of the highlights included: Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri; 4 Corners Monument; every type of weather possible; and Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, Moab, Utah.
2. Zimmerman-Olenski Wedding - On May 29th, 2011, my friends Laura and Ben tied the knot. However, the fun began on May 27th with a fantastic Bachelorette Party and continued with the rehearsal dinner on May 28th. The wedding took up the whole day (and then some) on the 29th, and the weekend ended with gift opening on Monday. All I can say is that it was hands down the best weekend of my life and I'm not sure anything could even compete with it! Good friends and awesome memories. It was an honor to stand as a bridesmaid in their wedding and be apart of their very special day.
3. Motorcycle License - I've always wanted to get my motorcycle license, so the weekend of June 3rd, I began a class to do just that. It was a three day class and I can officially cross this off of my bucket list. I had no idea something, like driving a motorcycle, could be so much fun.
4. Work - Despite my busy schedule, I have managed to find time to work which I find enjoyable because I love my job and my co-workers.
5. Drill Team - Beginning in March, I joined a drill team with my horse, Vogue. I've kept busy with practices every week and riding throughout the week. This drill team has truly pushed me to become a better rider, and it's a great challenge to experience with my horse, Vogue.
6. State FFA Convention - On Monday of last week, I headed to Madison with Whitney. We were putting on a workshop together and had a PSO Reunion to attend. We ended up leaving sooner and staying longer than anticipated; however, it was great to spend some time with friends I haven't seen for a while.
7. Friends - When I'm not working, traveling, or riding my horse, I am with my friends. From the beach, to hiking, to movies, to dinner dates, to drinks...I'm always doing something with someone. I can say that I have incredible friends and I am blessed to have each of them in my life.
That sums my summer up pretty well. In the next few days I hope to post a blog about the goals I have yet for this summer. With each day that passes, I am realizing that I do have quite a few. I hope you find yourself enjoying life as much as I have been since summer officially kicked off.
No comments:
Post a Comment