Monday, June 27, 2011

Personality Traits I Admire Version 2

Nearly a year and a half ago, I wrote a blog post about personality traits I admire. You can read that blog post here: http://elezpona.blogspot.com/2010/02/personality-traits-i-admire.html. I've been meaning to write a similar blog post for many months now, but have been unable to come up with the perfect list of personality traits. Plus, my top 6 were already chosen, which made choosing an additional 6 somewhat challenging. I have been able to narrow it down to 6 traits; I feel they really are appropriate for this stage of my life that I am at. These 6 qualities are ones that draw me to new people and have helped me form new and amazing friendships.

Hardworking - adj. characterized by hard work and perseverance

I've always admired those who have a work ethic. I've also always admired those who go above and beyond in their jobs. It appears to me that with every passing generation, a hardworking person is hard to find. When I meet people who are hardworking, I am automatically drawn to them. Who is a hardworking person that you know? Why do you classify them as hardworking?

Positivity - n. the state or character of being positive: a positivity that accepts the world as it is

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a naturally positive person. For this reason, I am fascinated by people who are positive all the time. Sometimes I find it to be flat out exhausting to be around people who are this way, but ultimately, it is inspiring to me. For example, one of my best friends, McKenzie, is ALWAYS positive. She has a natural ability to always see the glass as half full. During conversations we have together, I flat out tell her I cannot believe how positive she is. Even with things she should be upset about, she still has a way to see things in a positive light. It is so inspiring to me, and it is something I personally aspire for. I don't think I will ever naturally be this way, but day by day, I am finding ways to look at different aspects of my life positively. Positive people are fun to be around, which is why I admire this personality trait.

Faith - n. belief in God

This trait is self-explanatory. People who have a strong faith in God are the most happiest people I have ever met. I lean on these people to push me with my faith so my faith continues to grow. This is one area of my life that has grown tremendously over the past year a half. People who are open about their relationship with God inspire me to continue on my journey with God. I wish this quality was not becoming rare in today's world.

Spontaneity - n. the state, quality, or fact of being spontaneous

Being spontaneous. I feel so many people want to be spontaneous, but few are. I try my hardest to live in the moment and not get caught up in how much things are going to cost or what I have to do the next day and simply just live! I've become surprisingly much more spontaneous in the last 6 months in my life and since then, life has become more of an adventure and I absolutely love that. Do something you wouldn't normally do, and live life with no regrets. My only advice on this one is to be sure and think about potential consequences of your choices. What are some of the most spontaneous things you've done lately in your life?

Carefree - adj. without anxiety or worry

I love people who are carefree, it's a breath of fresh air to me. Try not to worry. If you're worried about the world coming to an end, remember it is already tomorrow in Australia.

Open-Minded - adj. having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments

The opposite of this is being opinionated. I honestly cannot stand opinionated people because they come off as uneducated. I respect people who have their opinions and are not afraid to share them, but be a little more sensitive to the fact that everyone is not just like you or does not think just like you. Being open-minded provides an opportunity to learn and have a less heated conversation. The world is forever changing in lifestyles. Have respect for those you are different than you by being open-minded. If there is one thing I do have an opinion about, it is being open-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment