I have been very anxious to finally be able to write about what I did for Lent this year. Usually, I do something to only benefit myself which results in me giving up chocolate and pop. This year I chose to do something much different. Lent is a time to spend improving the lives of others as well as our own which is why I decided to do something very different. For each of the 40 days of Lent, I wrote one letter a day to someone who has had a positive impact on my life.
40 people. 40 days. 40 letters. This is all it took for me to realize just how lucky and blessed I am.
While doing this, I learned a lot about myself and began to really appreciate the people in my life. These letters were sent to people whom I speak to on a daily basis, people whom I have not spoken to in years, people whom I have not known for very long, and people whom I have not spent more than two weeks with. I realized that I have been incredibly blessed to have these 40 individuals in my life as well as how I have truly become who I am today because they have been a part of my life. These 40 people are absolutely amazing.
Writing one letter a day was rewarding for me, and I learned how disciplined I can be when I truly want to do something. I think we should all strive to tell people in our lives just how much they mean to us on a regular basis because it makes people feel good. The things I have heard from people that I wrote to have been touching, and I did not know how positive a simple letter could turn out to be.
Do not ever miss an opportunity to tell those who mean the most to you just how much they mean to you. Your words, actions, and sincerity can go very far.
No comments:
Post a Comment