Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Encouragement Goes A Long Way

Last year, there was one piece of advice I was given more than enough times to count. Sometimes it came from the same person. Other times it was from random people in random conversations. It is one of those pieces of advice you get when you are not asking for it, not expecting it, and do not realize you are even getting it. It was not until it popped up in a few random conversations in the exact same wording that I started to really take it to heart. So what is this piece of advice? It consists of the few shorts words of "encouragement goes a long way."

I bring this up now for 2 reasons.

First, it is at the beginning of a new year. That means that you are more than likely surrounded by many people who are working on living out new year's resolutions. Encourage them. Show them that you support them in their aspirations to become a better person. Whether they are doing something easy or hard (in your perspective)--encourage them. You will be surprised at just how far that encouragement can go.

Second, I feel it is a great thing to do in life. Why? Because it is true. I think about the times in my life when people have truly encouraged me to do things. That encouragement has taken me a long way. I am living proof that it works wonders on a person. Also, I have encouraged others and seen it work wonders on these people. It is a great habit to add to the relationships you have with others.

Try it. You'll be amazed at how much good you can do with something as simple as encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment