Saturday, November 23, 2013

Some Things You May Not Know About Me

Facebook recently had a game going around.  I'm not one to play these sorts of things, but this one seemed fun.  If you "liked" a friend's status who was also playing the game, the friend gave you a number and you had to post a status with the respective amount of things people may not know about you, and then challenge your friends to like your status, thus keeping the game going.

I am not one to share my life story with people.  Plus, if a person is friends with me on Facebook, I assume they know the most important things about me such as the fact that I own horses, cats, and a dog; that I have graduated college; that I haven't found a job I'm passionate about yet; etc.  In fact, social media sites frustrate me because of how much people tend to over share about their lives.  I had quite a bit of fun with this game and put a lot of thought into the things I wanted to share with people that I do not talk to on a regular basis.  If a person really wanted to know a lot about me, they could look through my blog.  I think it's an accurate representation of who I am, but obviously I'm biased.

The number I got in this game was 7.  Here's a list of the 7 things I posted on Facebook:

1. I started school with the intentions of becoming a vet, but I didn't get along with Chemistry.
2. I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, but I can't wait to figure it out.
3. I find the most joy in spending money on experiences versus material possessions.
4. I keep a gratitude journal.
5. When I was in 6th grade I was attacked by my neighbor's dog, but it hasn't had an impact on my love for animals.
6. Most days I contemplate buying a one-way ticket to Europe and not coming home until I get my life figured out.
7. I try not to update my FB status more than once a week because I think it is excessive.

After I posted the status I immediately thought about how I could have been so much more creative or shared way more exciting things.  So, I resort to my blog, naturally.  Here's a list of other things you may not know about me:

1. I have a goal to visit every National Park in the United Sates as well as every State Park in Wisconsin.
2. I absolutely adore my boyfriend.
3. I fantasize about a life in which I can eat chocolate, ice cream, cookies, and candy for every meal of every single day and have zero consequences for it.
4. I think I would enjoy being a stand-up comedian, except I'm not funny.
5. I used to be the world's biggest pessimist, but now I consider myself an optimist.  The movie "The Secret", the book "5 Wishes", and my Positive Psychology course I took in college each changed my life because they all changed the way in which I view the world, problems, people, tragedies, and daily situations.
6. Sincere appreciation is one of the best life skills a person can develop, and I always make it a point to not only tell people how much I appreciate them, but show them as well.
7. I am good at remembering names.
8. I'm oddly good at remembering dates.
9. I'm exactly 50% like my mother and 50% like my father.  It is kind of creepy at times.
10. I want to adopt as many animals as possible throughout my life.
11. I don't like to play life by the rules or go along with society's standards/expectations.
12. I wish I never gave up drawing
13. I want to take a picture that makes the world stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment