In my Interpersonal Communication class, we spent most of class yesterday defining family. The discussion was thought provoking, and it made me think about how I would define family and who I consider to be my family. We broke up into groups and each group had to come up with a definition for family. Each one was very different, yet they all ended up being similar in unique ways.
I wanted to share them because it was a powerful lecture. If you haven't realized it yet, family is the only thing we are guaranteed in this life. I do not are how old you are, you should cherish your family and make time for them.
Here are the different definitions my classmates came up with:
"The involvement between two or more people who share an unconditional love type relationship and are willing to sacrifice..."
"...at least two people who share an intimate bond where mutual sacrifices shape who we are within the family"
"Unconditionally your own and is unrestricted through blood line..."
"A structural unit comprised of two or more people who feel a sense of permanent belonging towards one another"
"A collection of at least two people who share blood and they form a family who share similar definitions of what a family is"
"A reciprocal support system; two or more people who express compassion and unconditional love to each other"
Does anyone have any guesses as to which one is mine?
No comments:
Post a Comment