Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 20 Moments of Semester #1 at UW-La Crosse

The last three and a half months have been full of adventure. After starting life at a new school surrounded by new people, new professors, new experiences, and new opportunities, I've experienced a lot of "moments." I have compiled a list of moments which may be experiences, realizations, or accomplishments to sum up what my life has been like during my first semester at a new college.

Here we go:

1. Knowing that I would do things EXACTLY the same if given the chance to rewind to September of 2007 and start over.

2. Loving the fact that I only came in contact with 9 smokers while making my way around campus the entire semester.

3. Being taken out by a skateboarder--I broke my arm. Yes, skateboarding is the way to get around at UW-La Crosse. The sidewalks can be a scary place. Okay, I was kidding about the whole breaking my arm part.

4. Spending $101.25 on a calculator and realizing it was worth every penny.

5. Receiving a 94% on my third statistics exam.

6. Receiving a 99% on my fourth statistics exam, which was the highest in the class.

7. Passing my statistics class with not only an expected C, but an AB! If I put my mind to something, I can accomplish anything.

8. Deciding that I will have no career that has anything to do with statistics, despite the fact that I do actually know what I am doing.

(Side note: statistics was the biggest pain in my you-know-what all semester)

9. Being reminded once again that in life, there are no coincidences; I made an immeasurably beneficial resource on campus the second week of the semester.

10. Developing a highly effective and routine study schedule.

11. Being completely surprised by how different people can act two hours south of where I formerly went to school. That's right, people are not always that friendly.

12. Falling madly in love with The Rec.

13. Realizing I spend more time in the library than my own bed.

14. Deciding that I will not decide what I want to do with my life until I absolutely have to.

15. Getting offered an internship on the spot at a place I was applying to volunteer for.

16. Staring to volunteer every week doing something I love.

17. Having a person dressed as a gorilla and a person dressed as a banana run through my music lecture two days before Halloween.

18. Being asked to TA a class by my professor for next semester. UW-La Crosse started to feel like home for me that day.

19. Deciding that it is okay to not work as often as I would like.

20. Keeping the weight I lost over the summer off, yay me!

Despite many hardships over the past three and a half months, transferring has been the best decision I could have ever made. I am incredibly thankful for how much my life has fallen into place and how many opportunities I have had presented to me. I chose to focus on the more positive moments of the semester because when I look back, I do not want to think about all the struggles that I endured during this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment