Change has always been something I really liked. I like getting a new job, meeting new people, going different places, taking a different way to work, etc. To me, change has always been a positive rather than a negative.
Yesterday marked my first official day of going back to college after a year off serving the FFA. It was odd, I have to admit. My life is completely different in so many areas. First, I won't see my family on a regular basis. Second, I have one horse up at school with me and one back home. Third, I won't be working at the Hampton Inn unless I go home on breaks. Fourth, I have to study a lot more again to keep up good grades. Fifth, I am living in an apartment. Sixth, I won't be serving the FFA on a daily basis like I was. All of these are not necessarily good changes; however, they are all changes I am ready for.
I miss my family a lot but I am pretty good about calling home and checking in. It is a good thing for me to get out and stretch my wings to be fully independent. It's weird to have my own place. I love my apartment. My room overlooks a lake so you would never even guess I am living in a college town. Plus, I am so close to campus. I enjoy having Vogue up at a stable because I ride more when I board. It's weird to think about, but I think in my head I feel like I am getting my "money's worth" for board when I go up and ride 3-4 times a week. I had my first "real" ride on her that I had in a long time (a year)--she was awesome. There are so many times that I do not give her enough credit and then she turns around and surprises me. I am really looking forward to that happening on a more regular basis. She's what I plan to refocus my energy into this year, and I am very excited about her training progressing. I miss the FFA so much, but I know that I am ready to do other things in life. And I am continuing to serve the FFA in different ways behind the scenes which is still very rewarding. Lastly there is school, which is ultimately the main reason I am here; however, it is the part I am least excited about. I love learning, I enjoy going to classes; however, this past year I have learned that it's the people in your life that make everything worth it. Which is why I would rather spend my time with these people than studying--but don't worry, I know why I am in River Falls and that is to get an education.
All of the changes that come along with school are the ones I am going to make the most of (which of course includes studying). Most people do not like change, but it really is a good thing because it's how we all grow as people. I would not get to discover other passions in life as soon as I am if I was not up here, I would not get to continue my education and reach my goal of becoming an Ag Ed Instructor, I would not be riding again. Really, change is a great thing even though most of the time people do not focus on the positives of change. If there are any drastic changes happening in your life at the moment, focus on how they are all positive and enjoy them.
No comments:
Post a Comment