Monday, January 2, 2012

Daily Projects in 2012

During my annual Christmas celebration with my dad's side of my family, I was having a talk with my younger cousin. We began talking about apps for our cell phones, and suddenly the topic changed to cool websites. She told me about pinterest.com. It's a website where you can make boards that are filled with ideas such as dream home ideas, recipe ideas, do it yourself ideas, or fitness ideas. The list goes on and on as to what type of board a person creates. Each pin is linked to a website and it is essentially a unique way to gain ideas from all over the internet. These boards that a user creates can serve as a visual "favorites" storage space. The website is quite useful. In the two weeks I've known of the website, I discovered two very unique ideas to capture my year.

The first idea is to create a booklet of 365 things I am thankful for. I'm sure most of the things I pick will somehow tie into my day. I'm anxious to put this together and look forward to looking back at it when it's finished.


The second idea is to create note cards for each individual day of the year. On the note cards, I will put one thing I did that day. This is something I want to keep up so I will be able to look back at January 2nd and see what I did in 2012, 2013, 2014, and so on. This will be a project I continue forever and I feel it will be unique to look back on once two or three years pass. It will be even more neat to look back at in 10 or 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment