Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Dream List

I have been very lucky in life. I have been blessed with an amazing family and incredible friends. I have had experiences many people have never had. I have seen places many people will not ever get to see. After reading How We Choose to be Happy, I was inspired to make a list of my dreams. The list below is in no particular order, and I am sure it will continue to grow. Who knows if I will be able to do all of the things listed below, but I figure if I share my aspirations with others I will be able to hold myself accountable to making sure that they happen.

1. Go backpacking through Europe

2. Graduate college

3. Become an Ag Ed Instructor and FFA Advisor

4. Serve as a WLC presenter for a summer

5. Go bungee jumping

6. Get married

7. Visit China

8. Have 2 or 3 kids

9. Live in the moment

10. Jump off a cliff into a body of water

11. Live in Montana

12. Adopt a retired greyhound

13. Become a motivational speaker

14. Fly a plane

15. Go zip lining

16. Take a tropical cruise

17. Live in NYC for a year

18. Get a tattoo

19. Spend a summer working on a dude ranch

20. Visit the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahama's

21. Take a hot air balloon ride

22. Go white water rafting

23. Hike the Grand Canyon

24. Go horseback riding in the surf of an ocean

25. Stay passionate about the things I am involved with

26. Go sky diving

27. Make a difference in the lives of others

28. Write a movie script

29. Learn how to dance

30. Visit the Amazon

31. Be happy in the things I do

32. See the Sahara Desert and tour Africa while I am there

33. Live in a different country

34. Scuba dive along the Great Barrier Reef

35. Celebrate New Year's Eve in NYC

36. Learn something new each year

37. Attend a Super Bowl

It seems like a large list, but one thing that I have noticed about myself is that when I am doing things that I do not normally do, I feel fully alive. By having this list of dreams, I have things to constantly look forward to. We will see what happens and what I actually accomplish. I am confident I will get to do a lot of these things and I am excited for them to happen. My one hope is that I have someone who wants to do them all with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment